- In June, Outreach members Anjali Vale and Padma Kuppa participated in panels for the Women's Interfaith Solutions for Dialogue and Outreach in Metro-detroit. The panels entitled "5 Women, 5 Journeys: How Different Are We?" are part of WISDOM's effort to build bridges of understanding by creating friendships across faith and culture.
- The Outreach Committee hosted a variety of visiting groups at the temple - ranging from participants in the U of MI Worldviews Seminar in June to a preschool group in Aug. Our visitor traffic will increase in the fall once the academic year starts up, so we are always looking for new volunteers to join the committee.
- Outreach Committee members were part of a few interfaith service projects, including providing breakfast in June and July for Habitat for Humanity volunteers in Pontiac.
Aug. 29: In 2010 Hindu American Seva Charities is partnering with United We Serve - Let's Read, Let's Move initiative to organize a national Yogathon in temples and ashrams across America.
Sept. 11 - 12: A-OK (Acts Of Kindness) Detroit - Website for registration, donations, and permission slips will be available shortly.
Interfaith Community Service Weekend - part of National Acts of Kindness Weekend
- Service project selection and coordination
- A morning kickoff rally to start the day
- All supplies and project materials
- Celebration to finish the day
Initiative and Work Partners include:
- InterFaith Leadership Council
- Leadership Detroit
- City Year Detroit
- 1 by Youth
- Greening of DetroitClark Park Recreation Center
- Mercy Education Project
- Riverside Park
- Detroit Environmental Vision
Oct. 2 Gandhi Day of Interfaith Service - details to follow
Nov. 14 Bharatiya Temple hosts "5 Women, 5 Journeys" Panel discussion in MP Hall from 2-4
Nov. 21 Bharatiya Temple hosts Troy-area Interfaith Group's 6th Annual Thanksgiving Celebration in MP Hall - 7 to 8:30 pm.
Jan. 30, 2011 Twelfth Annual World Sabbath at Temple Israel, 5725 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield from 4-6
The World Sabbath is a service that is held on an Interfaith Holy Day of Peace among the religions, races and nations of the world. It consists of offerings of prayer from many beliefs and of a Children of Peace procession.
Anyone available on these dates? Join me... :)
Read more Entry>>